Current Work: Growth marketing @ Clearbit (remote).
Current Side Projects: See here.
Current Location: Spain
Growth Engineer working remotely for Clearbit. I merge product & marketing to create better experiences for driving growth both top-of-funnel and in cross-selling & increasing usage among existing customers. Experience in product management, digital marketing, finance/data, coding and sales means I’ve honed a broad skillset perfect for growth and rapid product development.
Self-taught developer working mainly with React, Python and Ruby.
Huge sports, health & fitness fan. I love to merge my passion for fitness/sport and tech. On the side I’ve built a number of health and fitness websites (40,000+ monthly visitors) and mobile apps (300,000+ downloads). Fluent in English and Spanish, I’ve lived and worked in Ireland, Canada, Mexico and now Spain. Addicted to learning and being active.
I love to bounce around ideas, share what I’ve learned and learn from others too, so drop me an email!
Things I like to remember
- You never know what is going through someone else’s head. Be kind.
- Exercise has a positive effect on my mood. So go do something (even 5 pushups). Now.
- Small wins compounded lead to huge results.
- It’s easy to get consumed in looking at other peoples’ success. That won’t help me. Focus on myself.
- Strive to improve 1% everyday (I recommend reading this).
- You can always improve, learn more and do better. Ego inhibits this so leave it at the door.
- Whether you think you can, or think you can’t, you’re right.
- If something is on my mind, do three things: (1) write it out, (2) do some physical activity and (3) revisit the problem. It often shrinks in size :)
Things I like
Physical activity, sport, being outdoors & active, learning, working out, optimizing for happiness, minimalism, freedom (in every sense of the word!), building things, and defying normality when the only reason given is “that’s the way it’s always been done”.
Some things that amaze me
- You don’t have to earn millions to retire early and be free (read this).
- So much of our life is made up and you don’t have to follow it (most people have seen this but it is very powerful and worth watching again).
- “Whether you think you can, or can’t, you’re right.” - Henry Ford knew what was up.
Resources I like
- Mr Money Mustache: all about how you don’t need to work for the rest of your life to be financially free. If I was to summarise the idea, it would be: (1) shift your focus from material things to experiences, (2) save as much of your income as you can and (3) invest in index funds long term.
- Indie Hackers: An awesome podcast for people looking to start profitable internet businesses. I’m a big fan of bootstrapping and trying to generate profits as early as possible (rather than raising a huge amount and blowing it). There’s merits in both approaches, but bootstrapping makes more sense to me.
You can find a brief history (work based) here.